Friday, January 28, 2011

Details details

Now that the house is closed in the enormous amount of snow that we got did not affect us much.  We are working inside now with the temporary gas heater blowing away.

Concrete wood stove pad
I tried my hand at pouring concrete with Leah's help.  I mixed while she spread and worked it level.  This little slab of concrete is to hold the wood stove and split wood and will replicate the concrete counters in the kitchen.  It would not set since it was too cold so I left it overnight before troweling it out.  Of course it set over night so I had to apply a broom finish instead of a troweled finish.  It looks good though.

Other things that have happened recently is that all the windows are trimmed out, and I have started laying out the bamboo floors.  This weekend is the big floor nailing weekend so hopefully I'll have completed floors by Monday.  I love the stranded bamboo as it is suppose to be harder than oak, so less dings and scratches over the years.

The stranded bamboo floors
Painting is all done except for the bathroom which will come after the ceramic tile.  That also has to be selected.  Leah was a huge help in selecting colors and in applying the suede paint.


 All in all things are moving along since I have no subcontractors to blame for delays.  Now I only have myself to blame when things are not happening as fast as I would like or when things are done wrong.
Tada!  The painting is done

No comments:

Post a Comment