Saturday, November 13, 2010

Got it's Skin

Hugo and the siding crew got to work this week and got some siding on but could not finish as we ran a little short of material and of course it is special order and of course he had to go start another job.  So now the material is in and awaiting Hugo's return.  We are scheduled to complete the siding on Monday.  You can see in the photo the batten strips on the second level and it looks kind of like candy stripes but they will get painted the same color as the siding, green. The trim is going to be a lighter green and the eaves and deck brown.


My friend Joe Burkett is coming over in the next day or two to see about making concrete countertops for the kitchen and bath.  Joe does really beautiful work as you can see in these photos from another job.  I love the heavy look of concrete counters and the lightness of the "Japallachian" vanity base which we will use as a model for my bath. He uses reclaimed heart pine for the base.



 Today I got to ride my tractor which is always a treat.  I spent a good part of the day cleaning the job site of debris, burning combustibles, saving what may get reused and piling up metal, plastic and cement products for a trip to the dump.  Then I was able to grade ruts and add some fill next to the house.  It looks great.

No comments:

Post a Comment