Saturday, December 11, 2010

Nice and cozy

Just in time for the big snow and freeze, we got the insulation in this week.  It only took three guys less than a day to do it too.  I had considered doing the fiberglass insulation wall installation myself but when I found out how much they were going to charge me, decided not to.  There will be plenty of work for me to do pretty soon though as sheetrock is scheduled to go in on Monday if we do not get too much snow that it.

Leah lent me a really great propane heater which I got installed today.  After it's initial lighting, it only took a few minutes to start feeling the warming up effect in the house.  It will be nice and cozy in there this December and January while I am painting and doing trim work.  The all resourceful Leah also has a finish nail gun and compressor to lend me to make that work go even faster and smoother.

I am in the process of trying to make a decision on which wood stove to put in too.  I am torn between the ever popular and reliable Jotul like I have in my current home and the really cool Morso which costs more.  I am also considering yanking out my Jotul from my present house and installing it in the new house and then replacing it with a fireplace insert since there is an old fireplace in the living room.

There are just so many important long term decisions that have to be made in such a short period of time.  I think that has been the most challenging part of building a house.

Sprayed foam in the roof and fiberglass in the walls

The temporary heater sure is nice.

Sitting in this chair trying to imagine the finished living room

No comments:

Post a Comment