Thursday, December 23, 2010

Rocking out with Sheetrock

I think that the fact that Mercury was in retrograde stalled progress on the house.   Builders First Source refused to deliver the sheetrock due to weather, being shorthanded and the economy and finally suggested that I buy it from someone else.  So I did.  Lowes not only met the lower price of BFS but gave me free delivery and delivered it with a smile the next day.  How's that for service?  Hey BFS, why not just shoot yourself in the foot while you are at it?  I was a cash paying customer building a house.  What more do you want?  Well anyway Lowes is my newest favorite store.  Actually it always was but now I am proclaiming it. 

I ordered my interior doors yesterday from Lowes and they gave me a ten percent discount just for asking.  Wow!  I never thought they'd do that but asking for it saved me $290.

The hall (living room)
The drywall hangers came out yesterday and got started and they finished up today.  They were quick and efficient and did a great job.  I thought their price was reasonable too.  It's really nice to find someone that does good work, is on time and charges a fair price.

The bedroom
 As an added bonus today, I also installed my main entry door.  I love this door (also from Lowes).  It is made of fir and has full panel reed glass.  It is a contemporary classic.


Now it is time for sheetrock finishing.  They are scheduled to come in tomorrow and get started.  I am hoping that by Wednesday it will be completed and we can get started texturing and painting.  Then time for trim work.  I am looking forward to getting my miter saw out and cutting some trim wood.



The view from the pasture

1 comment:

  1. Git-R-Done Allen! I am glad you are so ahppy with this recent round of work. And I am also glad that things really seem to be moving along for you. It looks great. I hope that when you have your first party up in there you will holler at me to come out!
    Have a great Christmas and such.

    ReplyDelete