Sunday, May 5, 2013

Rainy weekend

I am taking the opportunity to update the blog today because it has been raining nonstop for 36 hours now and is forecast for another 36 and I am getting a little cabin fever crazy.

Yesterday I participated in my third Saturday at the Transylvania Farmers Market in Brevard. While the weather was cold and damp we had a decent turnout and I sold some mushrooms and eggs.



While it is still too early in the season to produce much of anything I have managed enough eggs, mixed greens and mushrooms to make a showing. I am looking forward to warmer (and drier) weather so I can get the rest of my garden planted.

Look for me this spring at the market in Brevard with Shiitake and Oyster mushrooms, pasture raised whole chickens, duck and chicken eggs and goodies from the garden and orchard.

No comments:

Post a Comment