Friday, September 10, 2010

Moving Right Along

This was done in one day.  When I was told that they were coming out to start work yesterday on the concrete walls and pilings I figured a mason and a helper would come out and it would take them about a week.  What actually happened is that a huge crew of masons (don't know exactly how many) showed up each with his own laser.  The job was completed the same afternoon.  This morning we had an inspection which passed with flying colors and then by noon the concrete truck was out there filling the block holes.  The foundation resembles something that you might think of when you say "Fort Knox".  I think this house will stand for a long long time.  Unfortunately the crew did not want to be photographed, as I guess you can imagine why.  Next we have to pour three round columns to support the deck and a slab in the root cellar, where I'll store all my goodies from the garden and orchard.  Then it's on to framing the structure.  I'll have my third price by Monday and hope to start the following Monday once I get the materials assembled on the job site. Spending winter in the farm house is looking promising.

No comments:

Post a Comment